Welcome back from the holidays and welcome to week 2 of the (only) South African Linky – the LekkerLinky.
We did have a week off last week because of the festive season but we are all set to start off this year with a bang!
This linky has been specifically set up for South African bloggers and is aimed at promoting content that is relevant and relatable to those of us living in South Africa. We welcome posts from all genres: parenting, lifestyle, beauty, travel, technology, entertainment, foodies, anything and everything, as long as it is locally relevant.
My co-hosts, Charlene from High Heels & Fairy Tales, Jeanette from Whisky Of The Week, and I hope that this will be a fun linky which you will all enjoy, and one that will introduce everyone to wonderful new blogs.
A Few Guidelines for the LekkerLinky
1. The #LekkerLinky will be open from Monday to Friday every second week.
2. The linky will run in a two-week cycle. The first week is for linking up; the second week is to allow extra time for commenting and sharing if you didn’t do it on the day that you linked up.
3. Accessing the linky will alternate between my blog, and Charlene’s (High Heels & Fairy Tales).
5. Everyone who links up will have their post commented on by at least one of the hosts.
Highlights From Our First Linky
Every new linky week each of the hosts will give a shout-out to their personal favourite post from the previous link up. Here are our favourites from the first week:
Mine was Zia’s Eczema Journey from Crazy Mom Blog because I was completely able to relate to it as a fellow mom with a child who suffers from eczema.
Charlene’s was Constantia Uitsig by Mommy Explores. Charlene chose this one because “I also love travel posts about places to go and things to do with kids.”
Jeanette’s was Lessons 2017 Has Taught Me by Harassed Mom. Jeanette chose this one because “it resonated with me because I have learnt so many of these lessons during the last year or two as well. It is comforting to see that we are not alone in this motherhood struggle and that most of the moms around us struggle and deal with the same issues. Hopefully more sharing like this will help us moms to be less critical of ourselves and recognize the other struggling moms around us.”
Congratulations to you all. We hope you will link up again this week. Please show these blog posts some extra love if you get a chance.
#LekkerLinky Rules – because there must always be some:
1. You may link up one post per week, old or new, it doesn’t matter.
2. Please ensure that you grab the #LekkerLinky button from my sidebar, and add it in the html portion of the post you are linking up (see how to do this in Charlene’s post).
4. You must comment on each of the host’s posts (that’s 3), plus the post linked up directly before yours (which makes 4). Any more is a bonus, and helps to spread the blog love.
5. When commenting on each other’s blog posts please remember to use the #LekkerLinky hashtag in the comments, so we can see where you are commenting from.
6. Share the post linked up before yours (and any of the others you decide to read and share) on twitter using the hashtag #LekkerLinky and tagging the hosts again.
7. Commenting and sharing must be completed by the end of the Friday of the following week.
On to the LekkerLinky link up! We hope you have fun!