I loved living in the UK. I was 19 when I got there and for the next ten years I loved most of my time there. I made awesome friends, traveled, learnt some invaluable life lessons, met my future-husband, lots of good things happened. And then some not so good things. And then we left. Continue reading “Why I'm Glad We Left The UK”
After last nights’ melt down from me after they refused to eat the healthy dinner I had cooked and opting instead for rice and instant gravy, I decided that tonight I would cook exactly (and only) what I wanted to eat. I would not be preparing any alternative and if they didn’t want it, they could really and truly starve!
With that said, any meal that can be cooked entirely in ONE dish is a winner for me. Continue reading “One-Pot Roast Chicken, Corn and Veg”
This post is dedicated to my husband. I have never met anyone with the immense will power that he has. He decided in December that come the 1st of January he will be on a healthy eating plan, with the aim of losing around 20kgs.
A few weeks ago, we redecorated most of our bedroom. My husband painted the walls, we made our very own DIY Hanging Headboard, we bought new curtains, new bedding, etc. There are still a few things to do like new bedside lamps etc but it is January and we are now waiting for pay-day.
Yesterday started well. The girls were excited to go to school which tells me they enjoyed their first day back the day before. Thank goodness. Continue reading “What's Best For Them.”
I know I’m a bit late, but I’ve never been ‘early’ in my life!
I hate the term ‘New Years Resolution’. There is such a stigma attached to it and it becomes a chore to stick to rather than a desire. So instead of that, I have set myself goals for 2017 which are personal to me.
Here they are:
1. To participate more in family activities instead of being overly cautious due to my 2 hip replacements, or safely clinging to my job as ‘family photographer’.
2. To complete my TESOL course by midyear.
3. To teach my girls how to be more independent i.e. pick up their wet towels, throw their dirty washing INSIDE the laundry basket, no towel before swimming = no towel, help me tidy up after dinner at the table, put their shoes away, dress themselves. I think at 3 & 5 this is not too much to ask!
4. Help my husband achieve his weight loss goal and make healthy eating more of a lifestyle rather than using that heinous word ‘diet’!
5. To do more things that make my soul happy, and to achieve that I have to accept help when it’s offered.
6. To spend more time focusing on my husband – the girls have consumed my attention for over 5 years, my husband has been patient enough but now we need more time to focus on each other now, again. See no. 5 above re accepting help when it’s offered.
So that’s it. I have not made it a 3 point list, or 5 point list. It’s a list of 6 things that I want to achieve.
So far I am doing okay – today I participated in Zip-Lining with my husband and kids! So glad I did it! We had such fun and I’m actually in some of the photos! Shocking!😱
Just another 11&1/2 months to go! Lol