To my darling husband,
As you know I am not a materialistic person.
Yes, I like nice things but in the grand scheme of things I would rather live in a nice house than have a Louis Vuitton handbag. I would rather go out and have a nice family lunch than buy expensive make-up. I would rather have a day out adventure than get my hair done. I would rather get a new Potted-plant than a bunch of flowers that will die. I will stop there.
With Mothers Day coming up soon (Sunday 14 May!! – it’s in your diary) I thought I would put together a few ideas of how I would like to spend Mother’s Day this year (p.s – we will be in Joburg already on the Saturday)
- Lunch out at ‘the biggest jungle in Jo’burg’ – but not the same one please, maybe their other branch.
- Day out in Harties, maybe on the cable cars, see: http://highheelsandfairytales.co.za/2017/03/28/harties-aerial-cableway/
- Watching a movie – even if there aren’t any animated movies at the cinema, staying home for a movie day would be good.
I’m pretty open to anything really as long as we follow the following set of guidelines:
- I don’t want to cook.
- I don’t want to clean up after.
- I don’t want to plan or decide what we do.
- I don’t want to fight with the kids about appropriate clothing!
- I want us to do something as a family.
- It would be great if it’s something or somewhere new.
- If you decide on a restaurant, maybe book in advance! 😉
- If you go out on the bike I will sell it!
Thanks my love, looking forward to whatever you plan.
Lots of love,