This is a true story. Moms cry when they are happy, when they’re sad, and when they’re mad! We can’t help it. Well I certainly can’t. I’m just going to say it again, “Hi. My name is Carly. I’m a mom and I cry when I’m happy.”
Words can’t begin to explain how super proud I am of my little girl. She did such a good job in her dance show last night. I’m one of those ridiculous moms who cry when I’m proud of my kids.
Times I’ve cried in the past few years:
- When they each took their first steps
- On their birthdays … every year
- My eldest daughters last three school concerts – two end of year ones and last night’s dance concert
- My youngest baby did zip-lining in August. She’s 3 years old and she loved it. I cried with my stomach in my throat and my heart beating out of my chest!
- When my eldest played 5-a-side football and her team came second!
The next three crying session are scheduled towards the end of November when I will be attending my baby’s graduation from pre-primary, my eldest’s end of year concert, and their joint Sunday School concert.
Get the tissues ready.
Oh, and let’s not forget to cue in my husband asking why I’m crying and proceeding to mock me!
Btw – they’re all asleep after a heactic week, I’m up watching sh*t TV.