I know I’m a bit late, but I’ve never been ‘early’ in my life!
I hate the term ‘New Years Resolution’. There is such a stigma attached to it and it becomes a chore to stick to rather than a desire. So instead of that, I have set myself goals for 2017 which are personal to me.
Here they are:
1. To participate more in family activities instead of being overly cautious due to my 2 hip replacements, or safely clinging to my job as ‘family photographer’.
2. To complete my TESOL course by midyear.
3. To teach my girls how to be more independent i.e. pick up their wet towels, throw their dirty washing INSIDE the laundry basket, no towel before swimming = no towel, help me tidy up after dinner at the table, put their shoes away, dress themselves. I think at 3 & 5 this is not too much to ask!
4. Help my husband achieve his weight loss goal and make healthy eating more of a lifestyle rather than using that heinous word ‘diet’!
5. To do more things that make my soul happy, and to achieve that I have to accept help when it’s offered.
6. To spend more time focusing on my husband – the girls have consumed my attention for over 5 years, my husband has been patient enough but now we need more time to focus on each other now, again. See no. 5 above re accepting help when it’s offered.
So that’s it. I have not made it a 3 point list, or 5 point list. It’s a list of 6 things that I want to achieve.
So far I am doing okay – today I participated in Zip-Lining with my husband and kids! So glad I did it! We had such fun and I’m actually in some of the photos! Shocking!?
Just another 11&1/2 months to go! Lol