Hello everyone. I was recently nominated by the unique and always supportive Mrs A from Hooks and Dragons blog for the mystery blogger award. Please do check out her blog if you love a witty sense of humour and heaps of free crochet patterns!
I’m always a fan of these posts. They give our blog readers the opportunity to find out more
be nosey about the bloggers they love, from the nominees perspective. So, without further ado, let’s begin …
The Rules of the Mystery Blogger Award
- Put the award logo/image on your blog ✔
- List the rules. ✔
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. ✔
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well ❌ Alas I don’t know who started this award, but if anyone does please let me know and I will add them.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself ✔
- Answer the questions you were asked ✔
- Nominate 10 – 20 people and notify ✔
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify) ✔
- Share a link to your best post(s) ✔
My Three Facts
Three Facts about myself – that you may or may not already know:
1) I was Head Girl in high school, but I never went to University. I was an overachiever in the school spirit, organising etc, also being Captain of the Swimming, 1st Team Hockey, and numerous other clubs in my final year. University never happened for me, and I never got a degree. This was partly due to the fact that I never really knew exactly what I wanted to be when I grew up. At 36 I’ve finally discovered what I want to be – I’m a blogger, editor & social media fan! Now, do they offer degrees in that?
2) I had Perthes disease as a child, which was never diagnosed. This is a crumbling of bones when you’re around 4 years old, which then regrows out of shape and causes a huge amount of wear & tear and pain in the hip joints. It was misdiagnosed in my late teens & early twenties as Hip Dysplasia. Whatever it was, I had both hips replaced within four months of each other in 2015. It was after the first op that I discovered at age 34 that I was allergic to Morphine – whilst in recovery from the op! That was scary!
3) I have four sisters! One full sister who lives in the UK, one half-sister who lives in Cape Town, and two step-sisters who live in Perth Australia.
My Answers To Mrs A’s Questions
1) You have just won the Euro Lottery. What are the first 5 things you would spend money on and why?
Buy A Nice Big House in the country, not too far from town, but with enough surrounding garden area that the neighbours won’t hear me scream at the kids, an SUV, another house for my mom – just down the road from me, an iPhone X (Or whatever the latest one is at the time), and an all expenses paid trip around the world with my husband (no kids!)
2) You’ve been selected to cook a 5 course banquet for Prince Harry’s wedding. What’s on your menu? (They must be dishes you can actually cook yourself)
Holy Crap! I’m not a chef! Let’s see … Butternut Soup, Vodka Shot palate cleanser, broccoli salad, potato bake & grilled pork chops, my granny’s pudding which is biscuit layer, custard layer and condensed milk & lemon topping with grated chocolate on top!
Okay, I’m hungry now!
3) the end of the world is coming and you have a secret bunker with unlimited supplies. Alongside your family there is room for 10 people. Which twitter folk (because famous people all have their own bunkers) would you save and Why?
These ladies are all members of my blogging tribe. See below who I award the Mystery Blogger award to.
4) Elephants or penguins? (My funny question)
Elephants – I’m a child of Africa!
5) Want is the scientific formula for a long and happy life?
No idea, I’m only half way through mine (Hopefully), but what I do know is important, is to never compromise on your own personal moral code! If nothing else, stick to that!
- Dogs or cats? If not cats, why?
- What’s your idea of a perfect holiday?
- If you could experience life in any other place in the world, other than where you are now, where would that be?
- What would be the most important quality in your best friend?
- Best parenting survival tip (weird/fun question)!
My most popular post ever in terms of views is: My Surprise Threenager
My personal favourite post of all time is: Are We Afraid To Let Our Kids Be Bored?
Who Am I Nominating For The Mystery Blogger Award?
It always difficult to pick nominees as there are so many cool bloggers I love. However, these ladies have been super supportive and have formed a part of my ‘mom blogger tribe’! Before you all start jumping up and down, this list is in no order of preference!
- Chanene from Tonic & Tiaras
- Charlene from High Heels & Fairy Tales
- Marishka from Mom Just Saying
- Leandre from Spirited Mama
- Jacqui from One Messy Mama
- Jeanne-Riette from Mamma Chef Jozi
- Cheralle from My Daily Cake
- Nadia from Non Adventures Of A SAHM
- Jeanette from Whisky Of The Week
- Melissa from Mel’s Post Box
- Puveshree from Life’s A Treat
- Rebecca from In These Stilettos
- Megan from MommaLikeMe
- Laetitia from Poppet Patch
There are bound to be people I have forgotten on my list of nominees, so if you would like to join in please do. Alternatively if you just want to answer my questions drop please answers in the comments box below!
Congratulations to the lovely ladies I’ve submitted as my Mystery Blogger Award winners! Don’t forget to tag me in the post you do if you choose to respond and pay it forward!