Based on my 5 year old’s reactions to certain instructions I give her daily, I can only assume I am a ‘bad mom’.
Yesterday MY behaviour caused HER to have a breakdown and advise me of all the ways in which I am a bad mom.
Here is her list of grievances which she sobbed at me last night:
- I make her come to the table to eat her food (instead of letting her starve because she’s so engrossed in the TV she didn’t hear me politely call her to the table 10 times, she only reacted when I lost my sh*t, screamed at her and switched the TV off)!
- I always make her wear shoes before leaving the house (instead of letting her roam the streets barefoot and suffer burns under her feet cos this is an African summer, also, mommy has standards believe it or not).
- I always have to brush her hair (I’ve suggested we shave it off which she wasn’t very please about; there is no inbetween)
- I always make her bath (instead of sleeping in her own dirt).
- I always make her get dressed (naked is not an option unfortunately – deal with it).
- I always make her brush her teeth (I’m such a b*tch!).
- I always make her take her plate to the kitchen after eating (I do everything else surely I should just do that too? – NOT!)
- I always make her go to bed (cos mommy needs to sit down and recharge before resuming her slave duties tomorrow and if she (child) is overtired we’ll all want to run away!)
Those are literally the grievances she sobbed at me last night.
Guess what, I’m a bad mom. I’m her bad mom, and there is absolutely nothing she can do about it!
How do I survive the guilt? I self medicate with wine! 😜🍷
Let me know who else is a bad mom and why?
Time I got a job and went back to work I think. Somewhere I’m actually appreciated!