My youngest might be the epitome of a ‘girly girl’ but don’t let that fool you. Her obsession with all things pink and sparkly is by no means a reason to ‘dismiss’ her and her intellect! In contrast, my eldest is the more sporty, less conventional and a more unique brand of girl child. They are as different as night and day. However, when it comes to science, maths and implementing the learnings of it, they are equally obsessed. I’m a proud mom to be able to claim that they are both my little STEM Girls. When we were asked to review the new Beaker Creatures Liquid Reactor Super Lab, I was super excited to show it to the girls.
What Is STEM?
If you’re new to the term STEM, let me give you the quick and dirty version. STEM stands for Science Technology Engineering and Maths. The STEM curriculum is focused on the idea of educating students on these four specific disciplines.
This is an area of learning and education that is of particular interest to me. Not because I am personally any particularly good at any of these disciplines, but because I love the idea of how STEM education is thinking outside the box. It uses different learning techniques and takes into consideration that fact that not all children learn the same way.
The Beaker Creatures Liquid Reactor Super Lab
With that said, when I was asked to review the new Learning Resources Beaker Creature Liquid Reactor Super Lab I literally bombarded them with the reasons WHY I should be considered to be chosen to review this product. It was verging on begging to be honest. And I have no regrets!
Please check out the video I uploaded to YouTube to see the Beaker Creature lab in action. The girls absolutely loved it!!
Science At Home
This lab is not only created with the one experiment in mind, and then you dispose of the whole thing. I detest the throwaway culture that seems to be so prevalent in modern day life. Luckily the box set and instruction manual includes a number of other recipes and ideas on how to use the kit to make other experiments other than the two that are included. From slime to colour mixing, it really is a great little lab set to keep all kids interested in STEM entertained.
The Liquid Reactor Super Lab gets a big thumbs up from me for all the reasons why you should be buying this for your kids, and your friends kids, and your family’s kids.
The Low Down on the product:
The Beaker Creatures Liquid Reactor Super Lab box contains a 15 piece set as follows:
- 15-piece lab set includes:
- Two Beaker Creature Reactor Pods
- Two Classification Cards
- Two double-sided Mini-posters featuring amazing science facts and fun images
- Two Hydroplungers
- Two Beakers
- Liquid Reactor Super Lab base
- A set of tongs and a stir rod
- Experiment guide featuring step-by-step instructions for five experiments
- Full-size poster for display
- The product is only for children from 5 years old and up. They say to 9, but I loved it too!
- It includes instructions on how to use the lab to make other experiments at home as well, such as slime and colour mixing!
You can buy additional reactor pods direct from the Learning Resources website, or you can buy them from Amazon. Check out the various options:
I am so excited to be running a Giveaway giving one lucky reader the chance to win their own Beaker Creatures Liquid Reactor Super Lab. Please enter using the Rafflecopter form below. Remember to complete all the entry requirements for a chance to win.
- This competition is only open to UK residents.
- The competition will run from the 12th of November 2018 until the 19th of November 2018.
- The winner will be chosen from Rafflecopter. Winner to be notified via email so please make sure you use a valid email address.
- If the winner does not claim their prize within a reasonable amount of time, a new winner will be chosen.
- The prize will be posted out by Learning Resources within 28 days of being notified of the winner.
Disclaimer: I was sent a Liquid Reactor Super Lab in exchange for my honest review of the product. All thoughts and opinions are my own. This post also contains affiliate links.