As mothers we are often our own worst enemies. Self doubt and negativity are always on the fringes of our consciousness. So here are 25 positive affirmations for mothers that we all need to tell ourselves. Especially now.
It’s a tricky time for all of us right now. At the time of writing this, we have been in lockdown in the UK for 8 weeks due to the coronavirus outbreak. I’ve come to appreciate many things, there are a number of lockdown silver linings. However, having spoken to mama friends who live in different parts of the world, all living under similar conditions, the lockdown stress is starting to get to us. However, I feel like we need some positive affirmations to remind ourselves that we are amazing.
Pin This Now As A Reminder Later
What are affirmations?
You might be wondering what on earth I’m on about – what are affirmations? Well it’s simple really. Affirmations are sentences that speak to your inner self, your subconscious and your conscious mind.
By taking positive words and saying them to ourselves, reminding ourselves of positivity, you can begin to believe the words and really live a more mindful and positive life. The affirmations bring up mental images that would motivate, energise and inspire us.
The more you repeat the affirmations, the more you genuinely believe them. You will be equipped with the positive words and the next time you start to doubt yourself, or you have a really bad day, the positive mindset and memory of the affirmations will remind you that it’s just that. One Bad Day.
Here are my top 25 affirmations for mothers
- It’s just a bad day. Not a bad life.
- I trust my motherly instincts.
- I am the mother my children need.
- My family love me.
- Taking care of myself is good for me. And that is good for them. I am allowed to take care of myself.
- I am a person as well as a mother. Motherhood does not define me.
- I am worthy.
- I am important to my family.
- The people who matter admire me and recognise my worth.
- I can handle anything life throws at me.
- My children admire me.
- I am a strong and capable woman.
- I am blessed with an amazing family and incredible friends.
- My emotions are valid.
- I know my children and they know me.
- It’s okay to not have all the answers all the time. Trust the process.
- Motherhood has revealed my strengths.
- I am beautiful in the eyes of my children and that’s all that matters.
- I have enough patience for my children today.
- Nothing lasts forever, this too shall pass.
- I am creating lifelong memories for my children.
- I will laugh with my children today.
- Yesterday is behind me. Today is a new day.
- I am allowed to ask for help.
- My opinion matters and should be taken into consideration.
My personal favourite affirmation for mothers
I’d love to hear what your favourite affirmations are? Please leave them as a comment below. No explanation required.
Thanks for reading this post about positive affirmations for mothers. If this resonated with you, please share it on social media.