We are so excited to announce the launch of the first ever South African blogger’s linky, the LekkerLinky!
By ‘we’, I mean that I am co-hosting this linky with two of my favourite bloggers: Charlene from High Heels & Fairy Tales, and Jeanette from Whisky Of The Week. The three of us ‘met’ via various other linkys that we have all participated in over the past year. These were all UK or US based linkys and so we decided that it was time we started our own South African bloggers linky.
What Is A Linky?
If you have not been involved in a blogger linky party before it’s basically an active social blogging event for different bloggers to share their own material on a joint platform, and to discover other blogs that they may otherwise not have come across.
The point of a blogging linky is to share the blog love, and to support each other around a common theme. In this case our common theme is South African content. You don’t necessarily have to be a South African, or write about content that is purely South African, but the content should definitely relate to South Africans and you should ideally be living in South Africa.
The #LekkerLinky Guidelines
Here are a few guidelines for linking up to the LekkerLinky
- The LekkerLinky is aimed at South African bloggers. It is not defined by genre, it is open to all South African bloggers, as long as you are a South African or resident in South Africa.
- We are aiming to promote local content so please don’t link up your travel post about your holiday to the Maldives or ‘what to do in a week in London’. Just every day, real life South African living that appreciates local content, local life and local living.
- The Linky will be open from Monday to Friday every second week.
- The Linky will run in a two-week cycle. The first week is for linking up, second week is to allow extra time for commenting and sharing if you didn’t do it on the day you linked up.
- Accessing the linky will alternate between this blog, and Charlene’s blog High Heels & Fairy Tales.
- Please note that if you are seen to be a serial “link & run” party pooper you will be blocked from entering the Linky and your posts will be deleted. Please see my post on Linky Etiquette if you are unsure.
- Please make sure you are following the hosts on twitter: Carly @momof2lgs, Charlene @HeelsFairyTales and Jeannette @whiskyoftheweek
- Everyone who links up will have their post commented on by at least one of the hosts, but hosts will share the commenting and tweeting at their discretion.
- By linking up you agree to be added to the mailing list and may be notified in coming weeks about when the linky is on.
If you are still unsure on the benefits of a linky, please see my co-host Charlene’s post where she further explains why you should link up, and what the benefits of joining in a bloggers linky party are.
The LekkerLinky Rules … because there must always be some:
- You may link up ONE post per week, old or new, it doesn’t matter.
- Please ensure you add the #LekkerLinky badge to the bottom of the post in the html portion of the post you are linking up (see further instructions below or in Charlene’s post).
- Once you have linked up your post, please share it to Twitter using the hashtag #LekkerLinky and tag each of the hosts for a retweet: @momof2lgs, @HeelsFairyTales and @whiskyoftheweek
- You must comment on each of the host’s posts (that’s 3), plus the post linked up directly before yours (which makes 4). Any more is a bonus and helps to spread the blogger love.
- When commenting, please remember to use the #lekkerlinky hashtag in the comments so we can see where you are commenting from.
- Share the post linked up before yours on twitter using the hashtag #LekkerLinky & tagging the hosts again.
- Commenting and sharing must be completed by the end of the Friday of the following week.
For each new linkup, the hosts will then pick their personal favourite from all the posts linked up to the previous linky and give it some extra love that week.
If you do link up please grab the #lekkerlinky button from my sidebar by selecting the code shown, copying it, and pasting it into the html section of the post you are linking up and save. You then copy the URL of your updated post, follow the InLinkz button for that week and then follow the onscreen instructions.
We hope you are as excited as we are about this and we hope to see you over at Charlene’s blog on Monday for the first ever #LekkerLinky link up!